Brothers and Sisters in Law (BASIL) have a ‘stable’ of trusted expert conference speakers but are always looking for new speakers on current and interesting topics to engage conference attendees.
The Obligations and Content are covered in the CPD rules as follows:
Conference topics are drawn from the new ‘Legal Profession Uniform Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Rules’ 2015. (1 to 16)
These rules commenced on July 1st 2015. (10 CPD points per year with each point representing 1 hour of legal education)
Rule 6. CPD Obligations
- 1.1 ethics and professional responsibility
- 1.2 practice management and business skills
- 1.3 professional skills
- 1.4 substantive law
Rule 7. CPD Content
- 1.1 significant intellectual or practical content
- 1.2 conducted by persons who are qualified by practical or academic experience in the subject covered
- 1.3 that extends the solicitor’s knowledge and skills in areas that are relevant to the solicitor’s needs or professional development
If you believe you are an expert in your area of law and happy to share your experiences or if you wish to inspire and inform BASIL members and enhance your reputation then we would be pleased to hear from you. Email your details with a topic and your bio to firstname.lastname@example.org for program consideration.